List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE & QT4
From:       Jaison Lee <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-16 3:56:25

> Are you sure about this? When Qt4 was release I read some posts that
> it'll take at least a year until KDE4, but 2 years is pretty long even
> for something as large as KDE.

Keep in mind the difference between "something working" and
"released." I've been using 3.5 for months and months now... at this
point I honestly don't remember when I first started... but it is only
now nearing its "release."

I imagine a mostly-working KDE 4.0 will happen quite quickly once the
kdelibs wizards get done with their arcane tinkering. But as for the
*release,* 2 years is probably the minimum time-frame.