List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kdevdevelop editor
From:       Hamish Rodda <rodda () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-03 13:29:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Thursday 03 November 2005 23:26, Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to the list, so let me introduce myself. My name is Bram
> Biesbrouck, I'm from Belgium and currently, I'm developing a screen
> recording program for KDE using the rfb protocol.
> My project is about halfway. The library is coming on very well, and I
> wrote the GUI-basics. I'm having a problem that is listed a few times
> before, but after two days of intensive searching and reading, I couldn't
> find a solution.
> When I design a GUI in KDevDesigner, and I try to generate the ui.h file, I
> get the "editor couldn't be loaded" error. My qt-library is not build
> statically, so that's not the problem. I do have libcppeditor installed and
> the plugin path is set up correctly.
> I'm using SuSe 9.3 and KDE 3.4.3 Level "b". Please help, this is my last
> resort.

Hmm, not 100% sure I know what you're asking, but a couple of points:

1) a better list for this is probably kdevelop@kdevelop.org
2) even better, join us in irc at #kdevelop on irc.kde.org

header files are generated from .ui files by Qt's "uic", which should be
invoked by your build system if it knows about the .ui file.  I'm not 100%
familiar with KDevDesigner, but it sounds like it's trying to load the text
editor.  Try opening the .ui file in KDevelop and seeing if you get the same
error message.

Cheers,
Hamish.