List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some help required with the media kioslave
From:       Luke Monahan <lukemonahan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-31 23:33:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi All,

I have been playing around with "media:/" for some fun, and to have it fully
support my ipod.

What I have done is define new mimetypes for ipods (media/ipod_[un]mounted)
and then in the halbackend.cpp code have detected an ipod being plugged in
and used this mimetype.

I then want, when I click on the ipod entry in "media:/" to have konqueror
open with the "ipod:/" kioslave (http://kpod.sourceforge.net/ipodslave/).

To do all this I used the code:

 if (QString(libhal_drive_get_model(halDrive)) == "iPod")
 {
          mimeType = "media/ipod" + MOUNT_SUFFIX;
          medium->unmountableState("ipod:/");
 }

What doesn't work is when I double click on the mounted ipod in "media:/", the
correct kioslave opens (i.e. the three directories at the top level of
"ipod:/" are displayed in the konqueror window), but these directories are
not reconized as being of any mimetype.  They have blank icons and the
preview says they are of "unknown" type.

If I manually browse to "ipod:/" then they are correctly displayed as
inode/directory types.

Does anyone know why these directories in the ipod kioslave would not be
recognied correctly in this situation?

I've pasted the "media/ipod_mounted" mimetype I created below if it is useful.

Thanks for your help,

Luke.

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8