List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFile plugins
From:       Egon Willighagen <e.willighagen () science ! ru ! nl>
Date:       2005-10-16 9:07:53

On Sunday 16 October 2005 10:51, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> Most people don't know about the kfile plugin system, so they won't search
> for kfile plugin documentation. It's just konqueror etc. showing the
> properties of a file to them.

Not an argument I think... I'm user too, and *I* was looking for it ... :(

> Maybe it's not the kfile-plugins that should get user documentation, but
> mimetypes instead. This documentation could be linked to from the docs of
> applications supporting it (section "supported file types"), from the file
> association dialogs and from somewhere in the file properties.
> There you could describe what "interlace mode" means (or link to external
> documentation) for png files and say what a png file is and can do in
> general . The kfile plugin should simply reuse the existing terminology for
> its attribute names.

Right, that's what I was thinking about... and it's indeed not directly part
of the kfile plugin docs... agreed.

So where would mime type documentation go?

Egon

--
e.willighagen@science.ru.nl
PhD student on Molecular Representation in Chemometrics