List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Linux 2.6.13 vs. KDE 3.4 BRANCH
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-10-15 22:42:10

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>This is NEW with version 6.x.  However, it is not a LFS bug that these
>>headers are not available with versions > 2.6.12.0 -- as I said, no
>>point in filing a LFS bug report.  It doesn't solve the problem any more
>>than the previous advice to use older headers if the newest ones didn't
>>work.
>

> No, kernel headers are not supposed to follow the kernel version.

It would certainly be more convenient if the current Kernel headers
always worked. :-)

> You can have headers from a version and run a kernel from another.

Yes, I often have to use an older version of the Kernel headers.  Not
too handy.  It was fortunate that this problem appeared to have been
fixed with 2.6.11.x and 2.6.12.x, but now it is back.

I am now going to try "linux-libc-headers-2.6.12.0" till a more current
version is released -- it would be nice to have a sanitized set for the
current Kernel version.

Note: the KPPP that wouldn't open the modem was built with older
headers.  I upgraded the headers to see if that would fix the KPPP
problem but since they didn't work, I don't know if that is related to
the problem.

--
JRT