List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFile plugins
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-10-15 21:22:53

On Saturday 15 October 2005 23:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Well, there won't be a KDE 3.6 and it is to late for inclusion in KDE
> > 3.5. So the next KDE for your chemical KFile plugin is KDE 4.0 which is
> > about one year in the future.
>
> For the main modules this is true.
> But I guess we could find an appropriate extragear module for them.
> extragear/addons maybe?

Well, if they were in kdeaddons where you allready do find a kfile-plugins
subdir [1] the situation would become more and more confusing. Currently
there are about 10 locations for kfile-plugins (for example KBabel introduces
one for .ts-files in [2]).
While adding some new plugins in extragear would make them somehow official
they would still not be released with KDE and we would introduce yet another
location for fileplugins.
OTOH Egon would have to wait for KDE4...

Carsten

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeaddons/kfile-plugins/
[2] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/kfile-plugins/ts/