List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: knetd, kvnpc, kwifi ....... ???
From:       Stefan Winter <swinter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-10 20:19:09

Hi all,

I have already been trying to think of a more intuitive way of setting up
things (at least for wireless NICs). So far I have set up a UI file with a
new way of handling stuff. Take a look at

http://www.stefan-winter.de/wireless_kcmodule.ui

for a UI file showing the direction. And add in your mind two up/down buttons
to change the preference of networks and a "Try all in order of preference"
that goes through the list (and in a sane way, i.e. don't do the mistakes Win
XP does when the configs contain non-broadcasted SSIDs).
I'd be very interested in interfacing or embedding my wireless part into a
more general framework, and would like to hear more about it.
However, I'll be offline for the rest of the week, so don't expect any
reactions to mails in the next days.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--