List:       kde-devel
Subject:    aKode in kdesupport and kdemultimedia in kde 3.5 beta 1
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-10-10 20:29:05

Hi,

kdemultimedia from kde 3.5 beta 1 needs aKode to be fully functional
If no aKode:
aKode was not found. Without it the aKode aRts-plugin
will not be installed, and aRts will be.
unable to play many music formats.

This is quite scary for users and I was wondering if there will be a
kdesupport tarball for kde 3.5 final to address this problem?

Someone tells me the distros should package aKode, I don't see how they would
know that and where to find it, regarding the poor message above.

I know kdesupport is a convenience package but aKode code was moved quite
recently in kdesupport and there's no way distros could have picked that up.
If this is the policy that distros should package aKode on its own, it should
be make clearer to packagers what they need to package and from where
(kdesupport is not in branches/KDE/3.5)

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie