List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange goings on with Juk (FC3, KDE Branch 3.5)
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2005-10-01 5:35:03

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:54:56 -0400
Michael Pyne <pynm0001@unf.edu> wrote:

> On Friday 30 September 2005 08:41, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > I have had bad fortune in the past with kde-redhat project RPM's
> > (that may be just me.  Other peoples mileage may vary....)  I am in
> > the midst of taking all known kde-redhat RPM's off of our system
> > and replacing them with the FC3 defaults.  We'll see what happens
> > then....
>
> Perhaps you should try narrowing it down to the libraries that only
> JuK and amarok have in common.  Possibly musicbrainz?
>
> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne

Hello, Michael
Well, after a recent full update of KDE from Branch 3.5, Amarok seems
to be linked correctly.  At least it's better than it was, and the
Amarok version number and the KDE version that it uses seems to be
correct.
For your enjoyment/amusement, here is a pdf of a spread sheet that I
did comparing the output of ldd on amarok and juk:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Juk-Amaraok_Libraries.pdf

Below, find links to the the full output of the following commands the
last time that I compiled kdemultimedia:
unsermake -f Makefile.cvs
http://www.afolkey2.net/kdemultimedia_Branch-3.5-Makefile.txt

./configure --with-alsa --with-gstreamer --with-lame=/usr/bin
--with-kscd-cdda --with-xine-prefix=/usr
--with-xine-exec-prefix=/usr/bin --prefix=/usr/local/kde-svn
--enable-debug=full
http://www.afolkey2.net/kdemultimedia_Branch-3.5-Configure.txt

unsermake
http://www.afolkey2.net/kdemultimedia_Branch-3.5-Unsermake.txt

Also, here is a link to config.log:
http://www.afolkey2.net/kdemultimedia_Branch-3.5-Config.log

Also, I am now completely free from kde-redhat project RPM's.  This
doesn't seem to have affected anything, though.

If you need anything else from me, let me know.

Steven P. Ulrick