List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange goings on with Juk (FC3, KDE Branch 3.5)
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-09-30 2:42:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 September 2005 22:31, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> But, as far as what I said in my original email about Juk 2.2.1 saying
> that it was using KDE 3.4.91, and Juk 2.3 saying that it was using KDE
> 3.4.2-1.2.fc3.kde, since your brilliant help has allowed me to be able
> to start and run Juk 2.3 from Branch 3.5, I now have screenshot proof
> of this oddity (I put them into one jpg for your convenience, other
> than that, I have not retouched them :)):
> http://www.afolkey2.net/AboutJuk.jpg

Hmm.  I can help but think that your JuK 2.3 was somehow linked against the
system KDE libraries, and the dynamic loader is refusing to use your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH override (which will happen if the executable is linked
against absolute library paths).

Can you run ldd on the juk 2.3 binary and see what libraries it is trying to
link against while you are in your normal KDE environment?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne