List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems building kde     meinproc
From:       Craig Howard <kde () choward ! ca>
Date:       2005-09-11 12:50:45

On Saturday 10 September 2005 12:24, Michael Pyne wrote:
> I have, however, found a workaround.  If you are using the -j option,
> don't. Use --compile-jobs= instead.  i.e. if you are running unsermake -j
> 2, run unsermake --compile-jobs=2 instead.  That way compilation can happen
> in parallel but non-compilation jobs like meinproc and linking will still
> be serially performed.

When I use --compile-jobs=5 instead of --jobs=5, distcc does not seem to work.
Mind you, a slow build is better than a broken one ;-)  But, isn't there some
way to get both working?  I haven't tried building with automake, I'll try
that the next time I do a rebuild.

Thanks for the help.
--

Craig Howard