List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems finding libattr.la when building kdebase
From:       Zé <mmodem00 () netvisao ! pt>
Date:       2005-09-03 1:51:43

Em Sábado, 3 de Setembro de 2005 02:36, Zé escreveu:
> Em Sábado, 3 de Setembro de 2005 02:16, Anne-Marie Mahfouf escreveu:
> > Is this using unsermake? It builds fine for me and I also have mandriva.
> > Except I use automake as it's the default for building KDE 3.5
> >
> > [annma@localhost kate]$ svn up
> > At revision 456482.
> > [annma@localhost kate]$ rpm -qa |grep libattr
> > libattr1-2.4.23-1mdk
> > libattr1-devel-2.4.23-1mdk
> > [annma@localhost kate]$ automake --version
> > automake (GNU automake) 1.9.4
> >
> > No problem with all those,
>
> But you have kde from cooker installed, or you have your kde installed?
> one thing is having kde made cooker in wich is made by the spec
>
> And is not possible for you build kde from cooker cause there you will have
> the same problem.
But either way i have not explained well myself, im using a mandriva improved
spec and im building kdebase from branch_3.5 and with this last update from
svn i get this error about finding libattr.la that is searched in /lib and
that file in mandriva exist in /usr/lib/libattr.la think that you can check
with the command:
urpmf libattr.la

that will show you this:
libattr1-devel:/usr/lib/libattr.la

So is not possible for you to build the last kdebase from branch_3.5 in
mandriva unless you create a symlink for /lib/libattr.la.

The last changes made in kdebase put only searchinf libattr.la in /lib and is
needed to be searched as well in /usr/lib at least for Mandriva.

Please check the output:

grep: /lib/libattr.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: unable to read /lib/libattr.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/lib/libattr.la' is not a valid libtool archive
Error creating ./kate/utils/libkateutils.la. Exit status 1.

--
Zé
Linux user #378762