List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Again Impossible build kdebase from branch_3.5
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-09-01 22:59:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 01 September 2005 18:43, mmodem00@netvisao.pt wrote:
> Like i said in the last i sent, i did a new svn checkout but it continues
> to be impossible to build kdebase, but now the error is different like you
> can see now in this output:
>
> ./kdesktop/.libs/libkdeinit_kdesktop_la_all_cc.o(.text+0x116be): In
> function
>
> `KRootWm::slotConfigureDesktop()':
> : undefined reference to `KCMultiDialog::KCMultiDialog(QWidget*, char
> : const*,
>
> bool)'
> ./kdesktop/.libs/libkdeinit_kdesktop_la_all_cc.o(.text+0x1177e): In
> function
>
> `KRootWm::slotConfigureDesktop()':
> : undefined reference to `KCMultiDialog::addModule(QString const&, bool)'

First off, please don't spam kde-devel with multiple messages for the same
problem.  I just got home for example and saw your other e-mail when this
came in.

This apparently just got fixed in Subversion.  It was a change to the
Makefile.am so you might have to re-run make -f Makefile.cvs and configure
(although you also might not have to, try running just make first. ;)

> For svn status:
>
> svn status
> M      krootwm.cc
> M      init.cc
> M      lock/lockdlg.cc
> M      lock/lockdlg.h
> M      klaunch.kcfg
> M      KDesktopIface.h
> M      minicli.cpp
> M      kdiconview.cc
> M      krootwm.h
> M      kdesktop.kcfg
> M      desktop.cc
> M      desktop.h

These files are modified, if you are having problems building KDE it would be
nice if you could make sure you have a clean checkout first.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne