List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Parse html file without displaying
From:       Robert Hogan <robert () roberthogan ! net>
Date:       2005-08-30 20:15:40

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 19:41, Robert Hogan wrote:

> I want to read and parse an html file without displaying it. I'm trying:
>
>     KURL url = "http://www.kde.org";
>     KHTMLPart *filelist = new KHTMLPart();
>     filelist->openURL(url);
>     const DOM::HTMLCollection links = filelist->htmlDocument().links();
>
> without success.  can someone tell me what the first three lines should be?

and the answer is:

    KURL url = "http://www.kde.org";
    filelist = new KHTMLPart();
    filelist->openURL(url);
    connect( filelist, SIGNAL( completed() ), this,
		SLOT( parsePage() ) );

}

void myclass::parsePage()
{

    const DOM::HTMLCollection links = filelist->htmlDocument().links();

sorry for the vapour...

--
robert hogan
dublin