List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to install .desktop file ?
From:       Michaël_Larouche <kuramadoushi.shock () globetrotter ! net>
Date:       2005-08-30 0:14:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le August 29, 2005 06:43 pm, Toan T Nguyen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I use kdevelop and it installs my program in the applnk/Utilities. The
> application I'm writing is kxmame, a KDE port of gxmame frontend for xmame
> emulator. I'd like to install kxmame.desktop in applnk/Games instead. Does
> anybody knows how to tell the installer where to install the .desktop file
> ? Thanks.
>
> BTW, if any KDE-gurus would like to check out kxmame, the website is
>
> http://sf.net/projects/kxmame.
>
> I would really appreciate that. The CVS is actually very stable.
> (kxmame-1.0.1 release has a silly bug that crashes if you never run gxmame
> or kxmame before).
>
> Bests,
>
> Toan

> >> unsubscribe <<

First of all, add this quoted line to your kxmame.desktop
"Categories=Qt;KDE;Game"

And change these lines in Makefile.am:
"# this is where the kdelnk file will go
kdelnkdir   = $(kde_appsdir)/Games
kdelnk_DATA = kxmame.desktop
"
"xdg_apps_DATA = kxmame.desktop"

I have downloaded your application, compiled it but not tested since I don't
have xmame installed (12meg of download on 56k :|).
Anyway, I will maybe contact you back, I was forwared to your application when
I exposed my KEmul/Kamefu application idea on my blog:
http://mlarouche.blogspot.com/2005/08/my-secret-project.html
--
Michaël Larouche (Shock The Dark Mage)
The C++ programmer on dial-up :P