List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.5 alpha, qt4, & gcc 4
From:       "Henning Westerholt" <henning-05 () die ! informatik ! uni-siegen ! de>
Date:       2005-08-12 14:19:43

On Fr, 12.08.2005, 13:04, Dirk Mueller sagte:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 19:40, Karol Krizka wrote:
>
>> What about that -visibility-hidden stuff? I heard on the gentoo-amd64
>> mailing list that it was implemented wrong in kde 3.4 so it is
>> disabled at the moment.
>> Will this be fixed in 3.5?
>
> Its already fixed in KDE 3.4, apparently Gentoo didn't notice it yet.

The stable qt-3.3.4 delivered with gentoo don't use at the moment (afaik)
a visibility patch for qt. I tried the visibility patch from the bugzilla
(#109386) some time ago, but with no luck.

BTW, will the upcoming qt-3 maintance release include the needed patches
to compile kde with -fvisibility?  I didn't find the visibility support
two weeks ago in a 3.3.5-snapshot (perhaps i overlooked them)..  This
would especially nice for source based distros like gentoo.

Best regards,

Henning