List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTML
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2005-08-03 18:22:55

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 08:27, John Tapsell wrote:
> Maybe look at using kdom instead, which contains khtml2.  Basically it's
> set to be a replacement for khtml

Hm, there's probably bad news in that area. Quoting the TODO file:

-  KDOM is dependent on KApplication/Render functionality.
        Symptoms like these: "QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication
before a QPaintDevice".

...but it can be fixed, AFAIK. KDOM(as in tree) is currently heavily
influenced from a rendering perspective, so all it takes is patches and man
power. But I agree, I also think it is of interest to have KDOM modularized,
such that it is not tied to rendering.

> Join us in irc in #kdom

#ksvg tend to be a bit more populated.. :)

Cheers,

		Frans