List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Against the system:/, media:/ and home:/ namespaces
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-07-19 21:15:28

Yup, in that sense, you're completely right, James.  Eons (or was it
months ago), with CVS, branches were completely impractical, but now,
with Subversion, it's so much more feasible.  It's just a matter of
getting used to it, as a developer.

Maybe vendors can maintain their own branches in KDE SVN (and the KDE
people could invite them to do so), so it gets much easier for you guys
to cherrypick improvements and bug fixes directly made by vendors.

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010