List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Fonts in KDE
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-07-11 17:52:40

On 11.Jul 2005 - 07:05:44, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> I've been plagued by this many times in the past too.   I don't use any gnome
> applications anymore, don't use gnome-settings-daemon, so don't have this
> problem currently, but still I would LOVE to find out why this happens.

This happens because gnome-settings-daemon sets the X dpi to a value
that is read from the gconf-database and there is no way to tell gnome
to leave the X setting alone. The only solution, when you need
gnome-settings-daemon is to set this option to the value that xdpyinfo
tells you (i.e. the value that the X server calculated).

Andreas, who is going to look for a bug report in gnome's bts now.

--
Give thought to your reputation.  Consider changing name and moving to
a new town.