List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Brokering between developers and paying customers
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-07-06 0:58:29

Not at all.

In order to start a corporate software engineering project, a company
cannot just e-mail two or three different people, and agree on a price.

There are a number of steps you need to undergo.  E.g. you need to get
the requirements fleshed out (which is something on which the developers
very probably will be needed to input).  But you do not just trust some
guys on the Internet to do those things.  Because you just do not trust
random people with your stuff!

What I proposed would create an infrastructure corporate customers may
trust much more than just contacting two guys they have never ever seen
before.  It is not about the people.  It is about trust.

Do you understand the approach I am trying to take here?

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010