List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO woes
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-05 17:59:11

On Sunday 03 July 2005 23:21, Luke Sandell wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2005 07:18, David Faure wrote:
> > Pass UDS_MIMETYPE in listDir() results.
>
> OK, that worked. There is just one peculiarlity that I still notice: for
> whatever reason, ".desktop" have the generic "gear" icon instead of
> their specified icon that appears with file:/. Nothing major, I would just
> like to know why.

Because for local .desktop files we open them to read the Icon field.
For "remote" .desktop files we don't open them. But you could pass UDS_ICON...

> Finally, it would be helpful to know if more than one method of an ioslave is
> ever called at once.

Impossible, since all methods are blocking, i.e. we wait for them to return.
ioslaves don't need to be "re-entrant".
OTOH using member vars means eating more memory compared to local vars.