List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems building kdepim
From:       Ze <mmodem00 () netvisao ! pt>
Date:       2005-07-04 16:08:50

Em Segunda, 4 de Julho de 2005 08:50, escreveu:
> On Monday 04 July 2005 03:02, Ze wrote:
> > I build fine kdelibs but when comes the install part there is a problem
> > regarding kdepim-apidocs file, that first creates the
> > file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common and also trys to create
> > a symlink with the same name of the folder.
>
> This is during "make install"? What version of kdepim are you building?
> Take a look in admin/ -- is there a doxygen.sh there? When you "make
> apidox" in PIM, does the output start like this?
>
> *** doxygen.sh
> *** Creating API documentation main page for kdepim
>
> > ou can see here in the output the problem
> >
> > Stripping files...done
> > Relativisation of symlinks...ln: criando link simbólico
> > `./usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common/common' to
> > `../../../../../../usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common': Permission denied
> > ln: criando link simbólico
> > `./usr/share/doc/HTML/en/akregator/common/common' to
> > `../../../../../../usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common': Permission denied
>
> These are not printed by the build process, but by something else. Are you
> using a packaging system? Konstruct perhaps?
>
> > See that is symlinking
> > /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common/common where is should be
> > /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common. And is symlinking in the
> > inverse way.
>
> In HEAD, there is no common/ at all any more, but that might not be the
> problem you are facing. I will need to inform packagers about that at some
> point.
>
> > Please dont take too much to correct this, i need it to continue
> > deeloping.
>
> Gah.
I'll pass explaining, i build mandrake kde rpms.
So what happens when i try to install the package that haves the apidocs files
(libkdepim2-common-devel), appears this error:

error: unpacking of archive failed on
file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common: cpio: rename failed - Is a
directory

Before i updated branch_3.4 in wich the kde version passed to 3.4.2, so when
still using kdepim-3.4.1 this problem didnt exist, only passed existing after
this last branch update.

The problem in kdepim-3.4.2 is that creates a folder and a symlink with the
same name, it doesnt delet the folder before creating the symlink, so for
what i could undertand from kdenetwork that also haves an apidocs dir, this
problem doesnt exist.

I speaked with Aseigo and canllaith and they told me that i could manually
delect the file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common to then be
possible the creation of the symlink with the same name, but they understand
that with rpms this isnt possible, even with force this kind of problem
doesnt have solution, really needs a fix in the source.

Then canllaith told me that i needed to send an email to the kdepim mailing
list, but i told her that i already had sent to kde-devel mailing list, she
read it and said it was fine.

So now im surprised with this kind of answer i get saying that there isnt any
problem in kdepim (this in branch_3.4 of course).

Now i cant build the rest of kde, because other modules like kdesdk depend of
kdepim module, i could so far only build kdelibs and kdebase.

I hope now this kdepim problem can be fixed ASAP.
--
Zé
Linux user #378762