List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems building kdepim
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-04 7:50:11

On Monday 04 July 2005 03:02, Ze wrote:
> I build fine kdelibs but when comes the install part there is a problem
> regarding kdepim-apidocs file, that first creates the
> file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common and also trys to create a
> symlink with the same name of the folder.

This is during "make install"? What version of kdepim are you building? Take a
look in admin/ -- is there a doxygen.sh there? When you "make apidox" in PIM,
does the output start like this?

*** doxygen.sh
*** Creating API documentation main page for kdepim

> ou can see here in the output the problem
>
> Stripping files...done
> Relativisation of symlinks...ln: criando link simbólico
> `./usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common/common' to
> `../../../../../../usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common': Permission denied
> ln: criando link simbólico
> `./usr/share/doc/HTML/en/akregator/common/common' to
> `../../../../../../usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common': Permission denied

These are not printed by the build process, but by something else. Are you
using a packaging system? Konstruct perhaps?

> See that is symlinking /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common/common
> where is should be /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdepim-apidocs/common.
> And is symlinking in the inverse way.

In HEAD, there is no common/ at all any more, but that might not be the
problem you are facing. I will need to inform packagers about that at some
point.

> Please dont take too much to correct this, i need it to continue deeloping.

Gah.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot