List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Brokering between developers and paying customers
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2005-06-20 14:23:06

Jan de Visser wrote:
> That begs the question: If you would ask my boss, he would probably say that
> my work 'advances our business'. I run GPLed Qt and KDE on my desktop. So
> does that mean I need a commercial Qt?

To simply use GPL'd Qt/KDE software, of course you don't need a
commercial license.  The point is, if you are developing in-house
software based on Qt that is used for commercial purposes, then
(according to Trolltech) you do need a commercial license, even if the
commercial code is not distributed.

Jason