List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTML memory usage.
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2005-06-17 14:13:45

On Friday 17 June 2005 15:33, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> Other tabs, pages in other windows that haven't been
> looked at for hours that kind of thing, you could ben
> extend the idea so that doms for previously-visited
> pages are cached just like Safari and dropped when
> they become a burdon on the system.

Don't go there... This is problems already handled by the kernel. Things that
have not been used for a while are swapped to disk when memory pressure rise.
At best we could have some handle to be called when the kernel wants to swap
and compress/clean the data first, but this would be OS specific.

You also have to realize that reparsing the page can also mean refetching
parts and reexecute scripts. This mean the page you come back might not the
same anymore.

`Allan