List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with the KNotify API
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-06-14 9:23:07

On Monday 13 of June 2005 22:20, Mike Hauth wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> i īve got a problem with the knotify api. It just won īt work...
>
> The eventsrc file seems to be ok. It is in my kde-dir
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kcall .
>
> Configuration by the controlcenter is possible.
>
> The content is:
> #########################
> [!Global!]
> IconName=mobile_phone
> Comment=KCall
>
> [incomingcall]
> Name=Incoming Call
> Name[de]=Ankommender Anruf
> Comment=New Incoming Call
> Comment[de]=Neuer Ankommender Anruf
> default_sound=/opt/kde/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Phone_2.ogg

 No path here.

> default_presentation=1
> #########################
>
> In my application i included the knotifyclient.h and tried to get a
> notification by
>
> KNotifyClient::event(winId(), "incomingcall", "Anruf");
>
> But nothing happens. Even not an error during compilation or execution.
>
> Got anybody an idea?

 It seems to be all correct. Do you have knotify running at all? You can check
in 'kdcop' that it's running, and you can even test it directly using the
DCOP calls. Have you perhaps configured your kdelibs with --without-arts?
KNotify is currently built as part of arts (which is wrong indeed, but it
currently depends on it).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer