List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems with the KNotify API
From:       Mike Hauth <mike () mike-hauth ! de>
Date:       2005-06-13 20:20:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi together,

i´ve got a problem with the knotify api. It just won´t work...

The eventsrc file seems to be ok. It is in my kde-dir
~/.kde/share/apps/kcall .

Configuration by the controlcenter is possible.

The content is:
#########################
[!Global!]
IconName=mobile_phone
Comment=KCall

[incomingcall]
Name=Incoming Call
Name[de]=Ankommender Anruf
Comment=New Incoming Call
Comment[de]=Neuer Ankommender Anruf
default_sound=/opt/kde/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Phone_2.ogg
default_presentation=1

In my application i included the knotifyclient.h and tried to get a
notification by

KNotifyClient::event(winId(), "incomingcall", "Anruf");

But nothing happens. Even not an error during compilation or execution.

Got anybody an idea?

Thanks for your attention.

Bye Mike