List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bookmarks in desktop RMB (Re: [Patch] kdesktop: Allow locking
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-06-10 16:36:53

On Friday 10 June 2005 10:50 CET David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 08:08, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 June 2005 02:18, Luke Alan Sandell wrote:
> > > As an added bonus, I have included a fix for Bug #62791 in
> > > the same patch, meaning that the Bookmarks submenu is no longer
> > > present in the context menu (thank God!).
> >
> > And that's good? I've read the bug report and to me it's a typical
> > example of "I don't the feature so it must be superfluous and should be
> > removed." type of report.
>
> Well, time to ask for users' opinion then.... does anyone here use the
> bookmarks in the desktop's context menu?

Nope, my Bookmarks menu is chronically overcrowded so everytime I accidently
hit such a menu, my whole screen disappears.  That's why I removed the menu
from the K menu, too.  Actually, now that I tried I also replaced the
Desktop menu with the K menu :)

Bookmarks aren't really related to the Desktop at all, so I'd say remove
them (or else add all other Bookmarks like the one from Konsole, too).

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>