List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker Applet Issue
From:       Randy Carnahan <rcarn () chartermi ! net>
Date:       2005-06-09 13:18:25

As a follow up to this issue, which is still stumping me:

I have totally removed all of KDE from my home system, rebuilt KDE
3.4.1, then compiled my applet and the foreground font color is still
staying Black.  What could possibly have changed in applet and/or
kicker code that would have broken my applet this way?  It worked in
3.3.2 -- I've dug through the kicker/applet APIs, but I can't see too
much that would have changed in regards to keeping
setPaletteForegroundColor() from working. (Or maybe it's switching back
to the default Black afterwards, maybe?)  I did notice that the .la/.so
files for applets are now saved as <name>_panelapplet instead of
lib<name> in the kde libdir.

Anyways, if anyone might have a clue on this, please toss me a bone. :)
If you can spot something in my code for why the label foreground color
is not setting, please let me know.

Randy Carnahan