List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Conditions on use of icons
From:       Nathan Toone <nathan () toonetown ! com>
Date:       2005-06-08 16:21:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 10:00 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the icons that ship with KDE _are_ LGPL'd
>
> so yes, you can use them pretty much anywhere.

OK - so can someone *please* clarify this for me in easy-to-understand
lanugage?  (non-lawyer speak)

If I am understanding correctly, I CAN use the LGPL crystal icons in *any*
application - a GPLed web site, a GPLed application or a non-GPL commercial
application.  Is that correct?

If so, what requirements are there for using it in a GPLed website, GPLed
application or non-GPL commercial application?  How do I handle the "source
code" requirements and the "attribution" requirements that are listed in the
LGPL (and the crystal iconset addendums)?

Thanks!

-Nathan