List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4: Arthur (and?/)or libart2? or kcanvas?
From:       Melchior FRANZ <mfranz () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-07 18:37:33

* Melchior FRANZ -- Tuesday 07 June 2005 17:54:
> * Melchior FRANZ -- Tuesday 07 June 2005 15:49:
> > The result is very good so far. Lines seem to be as good as agg2's.
> > The ellipse seems a tiny bit worse. I have to play more
> > with it.
>
> Bah! Scrap that, too. The ellipse is at least as good as libart's.

No, it isn't. It's clearly worse for small ellipses. Good enough for my
purpose, but certainly something that would profit enormously from a
fix.  ;-)

And here my boring monologue ends.

m.

PS: here's my "masterpiece". It's a Qt4-application that draws the same
clock as kclock.kss, but isn't a screensaver. Can be used as a desktop
clock. (Let kwin remove the window decoration if you like.) Note how the
disks on the hands looks worse than kclock.kss'.
http://members.aon.at/mfranz/qt4clock.tar.gz  [1.8 kB]  (you need to
edit QTDIR in the Makefile).