List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build fails because of RPATH
From:       Christoph Bartoschek <bartoschek () or ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2005-06-07 13:55:47

Am Dienstag 07 Juni 2005 13:24 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > Why is /usr/lib/.  added to the rpath?  Why is --disable-rpath ignored?
> > How can I get the correct RPATH?
>
> I guess, it's somewhere in some .la files from your system
>
> Greetings, Stephan

I've checked all .la files and the only ones are  /usr/lib/libstdc++.la
and /usr/lib/libsupc++.la

This files should not be used, because I have my own GCC in $KDEDIR/gcc.
However I already had problems such that  /usr/lib/libstdc++.so has been used
by libtool instead of  $KDEDIR/gcc/lib/libstdc++.so because
sys_lib_search_path_spec  begins with /usr/lib.  But I patch libtool after
configure such that sys_lib_search_path_spec  begins with $KDEDIR/gcc/lib.
Now the correct libstdc++.so is used.  I cannot find a *.la file which has a
dependency on /usr/lib/libstdc++.so anymore.  Therefore I still do not know
why  kdelibs uses /usr/lib/.  for RPATH.

In my opinion libtool should not handle libstdc++ at all because this is the
task of g++. However my question regarding this issue was not answered on the
libtool mailing list.

Greets
Christoph