List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unified document viewer, lack of communication
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-05 2:03:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:47, Wilfried Huss wrote:
> Ok. Well Stefan and me do work on it, so it would be great if proposals
> would be discussed with us, so that we can coordinate our work.
>
> So far nobody has done this.

as i said several times in our private email conversation over the last few
days: of course those people whose code is involved or affected would be part
of the proposals, but that since no one as yet had gone through the google
process, we don't have any proposals to triage to the appropriate develoeprs?

> It is a bit unfortunate that is discussion has moved to the public
> mailinglist.

i don't think so at all; look at all the valuable input that's been had.
please don't go making a sad face about things ...

> This whole thing started because I asked Aaron and Zack to
> make the description of the bounty more general. They refused and I still
> don't understand why.

because it generally describes what we're hoping to see happen and these are
simply suggestions to get people going in the right direction.

i've spent a good amount of time over the last few days trying to answer your
questions and concerns. that may not be possible to do in a satisfactory way,
and i accept that.

> > Why do you ask it to me and not to the two messages he has sent to the
> > list?
>
> I just asked this because you said he alone should decide about the design
> of the code. I am ok with this if he is willing to maintain it afterwards.
> But I think it would be better to discuss the design first.

you won't be forced to maintain anyone else's code. we are not even under any
obligation to accept bounty code into SVN. we're not going to do something
stupid here, where we==KDE.

--
Aaron J. Seigo