List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Region Of =?iso-8859-1?q?T=FCrkiye?=
From:       Görkem_Çetin <gorkem () gorkemcetin ! com>
Date:       2005-05-30 10:34:08

Melchior FRANZ wrote:

>* Lauri Watts -- Monday 30 May 2005 09:49:
>

>>I suggest y'all just look at the lists, ignore entirely the politics, and
>>figure out what is the most *logical* place people wanting to find Turkey
>>will look for it in.
>>

>Agreed. Still, I find it weird how almost everyone seems to agree that
>Europe is superior, and Asia/Middle East is inferior. What else could be
>the base for the strong wish to have a 97% Asian and 3% European country
>seen as European? Ashamed for being almost entirely in Asia? Why?

Agreed, too. From time to time, I find it very frustrating to travel to
the inferior part over Bosphorus bridge ;-)

* * *

Believe me, noone feels ashamed. It's a only a tendency and logic. It's
what I observe from KDE people living in Istanbul. Before using the word
"everyone", please do some tests talk to Turkish people in advance to
eliminate your prejudgement.

I suppose I should commit a bugreport - and thanks everyone for their
contribution.

Best wishes
Görkem