List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde compile problem
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-07 21:50:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

vizion@ixpres.com wrote:
>OK thanks for that -- can you allay my ignorance, by telling me why make
>should have been looking for a .la file when compiling..

make isn't.

That's libtool.

>does this mean
>that the make file needs some review.. if so which make file??

Probably none. It's most likely that the .la files you have in your
system, either created by KDE or those that were already there, are at
fault.

If that's not the case, then there is a Makefile.am somewhere in your
build system that has "libpgp-error" when it should have "libgpg-error",
probably a simple typo.

I would first grep all *.la files.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.