List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.4's defaults
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-05-03 9:17:30

On Thursday 28 April 2005 15:03, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 28 April 2005 14:54, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > So, say, it's a good thing to keep configuration like email, IM or modem
> > dialin accounts, but I want Konqueror to have the new Toolbar layout
> > without copy/cut/paste instead of my cluttered, customized current
> > layout.
>
> Well any new konq version will have an bigger version number in its .rc
> file and will discard your own anyway, but some might consider that a bug
> :)

Yes, you're right there. Haven't researched good enough, sorry.

But, I just made a 3.3 -> 3.4 upgrade for a friend, and noticed that the
konqsidebar hasn't automatically been reset, so it contained an orphan
devices:/ sidebar while media:/ wasn't there.

You just can't be sure that the upgrade magic does everything right.

Nevertheless, I haven't yet said that KDE is a great peace of work though.
Don't want to be the rantman here.

Regards,
  Jakob