List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.4's defaults
From:       espie () quatramaran ! ens ! fr (Marc Espie)
Date:       2005-05-01 11:53:15

In article <200504281023.08310.faure@kde.org> you write:
>Well, in 8 years I have never moved out my .kde.
>Sure, after the kdeglobals messup a few months ago I had to clean up kdeglo=
>bals,
>and I can see how a cvs-head user might not have found that out, but real e=
>nd users
>(of binary packages of stable releases) should never have to do that.

I remember moving my .kde out a few times.  I didn't want to wade
through the newer kde configuration stuff to activate all the new
thingies. I very often run with the default settings, mostly, and if I
want to see what the new kde is supposed to look like, moving .kde out
of the way is the simplest way.

Of course, bookmarks in konqueror, and other similar data, is painful...

I'm not sure organizing stuff per-app is a good idea. From a user
perspective, grouping stuff as `data that accumulates'
(bookmarks, cookies, exceptional behavior on sites, non-default font
setup, mail stuff) and `real stupid config stuff that you get in the
panel'   would be a real user enhancement...