List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GCC 4.0 turns kde to crap!
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-30 14:22:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Frederick Alexander Thomssen wrote:
>> gcc 4.0 miscompiles KDE, don't use it. Wait for 4.0.1 or later.
>
>well, i think there should be a configure-option to ignore this
> blacklist. at least with my fedora-gcc4 (which is patched by fedora),
> kde compiles well and i have no (longer any) problems with it...

Unfortunately, Red Hat doesn't have the best history in gcc patches.
Remember gcc 2.96?

If you do want to use gcc 4 patched by RH, you must be really
bleeding-edge. So, for the moment, you can remove the check from the
configure script, and report to us if any strange crashes happen.

For the general public, I'd recommend the check stay.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.