List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: scons as a build system for kdegames
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-29 8:51:17

On Friday 29 April 2005 04:14, LiuCougar wrote:
> really hope this could be merged into standard KDE distro: used by all
> kde packages.
>
> (I assume python is installed in any *nix systems)

Sure python is installed. But how does a build system which doesn't create .la files
manage portability on systems where .la files are needed, e.g. for dlopening,
including dependent libraries (which are usually listed in the .la file)?

scons is probably great on linux and *BSD, but did anyone try it on the
more "exotic" platforms that KDE supports?