List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fixing build process magic
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2005-04-29 6:13:33

Hi!
  I would like to clean up some building problems with
kdeextragear-3/kdebluetooth. It doesn't compile out of the box on my system
and heavy hacking is necessary to set it up. But I don't know all the magic
around automatic generation of various files so I need a little help.
  My setup is rather trivial. The only difference from a "mainstream" setup
is that libbluetooth is located in /opt/bluetooth. So I correctly entered
--with-bluetooth=/opt/bluetooth and also added
--with-extra-includes=/opt/bluetooth/include and
--with-extra-libs=/opt/bluetooth/lib, to be simply sure, that all the beasts
will know where it is, because something similar helps some other KDE packages
to build.
  However, in kdebluetooth it's not enough.
  The first problem comes from libqobex/configure.in.in . The part starting
with

dnl
dnl Bluetooth setup. Initial code here is taken from multisync.
dnl

dnl AC_CHECK_LIB(bluetooth,baswap,BLUETOOTH=1,BLUETOOTH=0)
dnl AC_CHECK_LIB(bluetooth,sdp_list_free,SDP_IN_BLUETOOTH=1,SDP_IN_BLUETOOTH=0)
dnl AC_CHECK_LIB(sdp,sdp_list_free,SDP_IN_SDP=1,SDP_IN_SDP=0)

  *totally* ignores any information entered by me as well as harvested by
configure before, tries to compile its tests just by using -lbluetooth, which
of course fails. This part then decides that libbluetooth is missing and
forbids compilation of the whole package.
  So, my question is simple - how to modify these tests to use correct -I/-L
options, carefully entered to the configure script and verified by it before
as valid ?

  Another problem is in the kbluetoothd/kbluepin directory. During the final
linkage, -lkio is required for KMimeType::kmimeType, but not present in Makefile.
I can't imagine how does it compile for the author. As well I don't know how
to add it to Makefile.am.

  The third problem is in kbtobexclient and kbtobexsrv. These two don't find
-lopenobex, because they don't use OPENOBEX_CONFIG --libs to correctly find
where it is (in /opt/obex/lib, of course :-) ). Main configure finds all this
well, but these two don't use it.

  I would like to ask a person who knows all this to give me a clue or at least
a pointer to the place I can find answers to my questions. I would like to make
a patch then.
                               With regards, Pavel Troller