List:       kde-devel
Subject:    GCC 4.0 turns kde to crap!
From:       Steven Pasternak <stevenp500 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2005-04-28 19:27:12

Hi! I run mdk 10.1 powerpack. I have compiled kde 3.4 before with:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
with gcc 3.4.3 and everything worked. I had to re-install (I accidently broke
glibc), and before starting kde again, I saw that gcc 4.0 was out. I built it
using the same options that mandrake's default (3.4.1) was. Now when I
compile kde the SAME way with the SAME system (made sure all kde 3.2.3 rpms
were uninstalled) with a DIFFERENT compiler version, I get about a million
more warnings and a crap installation. Kcontrol's window when it starts up is
malformed (the picture is all shoved in the top-left corner, leaving the rest
blue and text that is illegible), konqueror doesn't even start (the crash
window comes up, but can't backtrace even though I HAVE gdb). I have the
newest version of qt, compiled just like previously (when it DID work), and
the headers get a LOT of warnings when compiling. If I go back to gcc 3.4.3,
should it compile and work right? Thanks!
-Steven