List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.4's defaults
From:       Erik =?iso-8859-1?q?Kj=E6r_Pedersen?= <erik () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-28 10:31:36

Torsdag 28 april 2005 04:23 skrev David Faure:
> > When KDE messes up and needs to be reinit'd....Has happened many times.
> > The easiest way is to backup your .kde dir...
>
> Well, in 8 years I have never moved out my .kde.

I think Brendan is talking about when you help relatively naive users and you
don't know what it is they have done. Also if it is not an incremental
upgrade you have done but from say 3.2.1 to 3.4, and you probably don't do
that.
I am not saying it is the best solution to move out .kde, I am only saying it
is by far the least time consuming, and it is actually also interesting
occasionally to see what the new defaults look like.

Erik