List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.4's defaults
From:       Erik =?iso-8859-1?q?Kj=E6r_Pedersen?= <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2005-04-27 10:16:57

Onsdag 27 april 2005 05:29 skrev David Faure:
> Why not just "move .kde/share/config out of the way" when you want to
> simply restart with a clean new-user config? The rest is (supposedly) user
> data.

The problem with that is that you then loose say, who you recently wrote to in
kmail, because that is stored in kmailrc which is in config.

I understand the moving of Mail to .kde has been discussed a lot. It certainly
will give us problems because when people are travelling they log in and use
mutt or pine, and they will have a hard time finding their mail. We will
probably solve the problem by undoing that change for our users.

Erik