List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move from kdeplayground
From:       Ryan Nickell <p0z3r () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2005-04-18 22:53:04

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 11:28 -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 10:17, R. wrote:
> > Can you point me to another window decoration that honors this behavior?
> > I can maximize and move to the top/bottom/left/right and be able to resize,
> > but you mention the buttons themselves.  I don't see this in Plastik or a
> > few others that I have tried.
>
> plastik does indeed do this. you have to turn off "Allow moving / resizing of
> maximized windows" though.

It seems that this functionality to conform to Fitt's Law as you
suggested becomes very easy if I were to use the kcommondecoration
construct.  However that isn't included in KDE 3.4.  It's only in CVS as
far as I can tell.
This makes it difficult in the interim if people would like to use it
with that dependency and also difficult to maintain. I could write the
functionality without using kcommondecoration, but why "reinvent the
wheel".
So is it safe to assume that I can code knowing that I will later port
it to the new api, which will provide that?
Or, is it required for inclusion into kdeartwork?