List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker/Taskbar: Mouseover effect
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-16 22:31:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 16 April 2005 03:52, Hans Oischinger wrote:
> I'm just not sure if grabWindow is really what we want to use. I would
> prefer a solution based on Composite, however this is still a little
> problematic due to availability reasons.

yes, i'd like to see a composite based solution as well. and i have NO problem
with non-essential features that are only available in kicker if you have
COMPOSITE.

to me it's the same as colour depth: if you don't have a display that can do
anything over 8bit colour, you don't get to see all the pretty colours.
likewise, if you don't have COMPOSITE, you won't get transparency and
features like the screen grabs in kicker.

what i'm saying is don't let COMPOSITE not being everywhere stop you =)

in fact, if we use COMPOSITE in compelling ways i think that's the best way to
help it propagate. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo