List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker, windowlistbutton shows the active window icon
From:       Baris Metin <baris () uludag ! org ! tr>
Date:       2005-04-14 16:31:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 03:48:35PM +0200 , Stefan Nikolaus :
> On Thursday, 14. April 2005 14:30, Barış Metin wrote:
> [...]
> > What do you think?
>
> Well, if it shows the application icon, I expect that it starts or at least
> switches to this application. Instead the window list pops up. I think this
> would be misleading.

But when you click on the application icon on the window title bar it
pops up a menu related to the window. You don't start or switch an
application clicking that icon. I think this is something simmilar.

> Formatting the menu items, as I've done a few days ago for the task group
> menus, would be worth thinking about. The active window will then be shown by
> a bold font menu entry.

I don't think formatting the menu items has something related about this
topic. But I liked your idea too.

Anyway, I've a screenshot here
http://cekirdek.uludag.org.tr/~baris/tmp/kicker-windowlist.jpg

regards,