List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio-locate
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-12 7:50:24

Am Dienstag 12 April 2005 08:50 schrieb Armin Straub:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm the maintainer of kio-locate, a KDE I/O slave for the locate command. You
> can find it e.g. at kde-apps [1] or at my homepage [2].
>
> As I am continuously asked to ask for inclusion to KDE, I hereby do exactly
> this :-) Do you want kio-locate to be included to KDE? (something like
> kde-extragear, as locate is not configured properly on a standard system)
>
> I admit that I am quite new to all kind of programming especially under KDE,
> but I would try my best to maintain kio-locate.
It's sad but true that locate is no standard part of a UNIX box, so I don't really
feel like including it in the core of KDE. But to be included into extragar, all that's
needed is a statement from you that you're willing to maintain it in our CVS and
care for KDE standards.

See extragear.kde.org for details

Greetings, Stephan