List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Upgrade to kde 3.4
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-09 10:05:18

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:09:25AM -0400, Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:
> I can't remember whether this also happens at the minor upgrades but
> maybe it does.

it always does when the kdm greeter becomes binary incompatible to the
old kdm core (which is still running at the moment the session exits).
i've been pondering with adding a binary compatibility check to the
interface. it would help in so far, that you'd get a message box telling
you to restart kdm instead of just a console ...
hmm, it would also be possible to add a "schedule restart" control
socket command which makes kdm re-exec itself after the last session
exits ...