List:       kde-devel
Subject:    option to set individual umask
From:       Edwin Schepers <yez () home ! nl>
Date:       2005-04-07 20:38:48

Hi,
I'd like to add this option somewhere in the Control Center. But before I
begin, I'd like to know what's the best place to put such an option.
My thoughts were : It has to do with privacy of ones information, so I'd put
it in the "Security & Privacy" section. I was thinking about the "Privacy"
module, but the maintainer suggested I'd put it not in there.

Then, my idea is to read and set the umask in startkde. The value has to be
read somehow. How can this be done nicely, some dcop call ?

Regards,
Edwin