List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Old kicker bug that can be closed
From:       Baris Metin <baris () uludag ! org ! tr>
Date:       2005-04-02 8:49:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 04:15:57PM -0700 , Aaron J. Seigo :
> > Haven't tried, but my bet is negative. Does using QChar::direction() is
> > appropriate way of getting bidi status?
>
> bool QApplication::reverseLayout()

Great :).

> > Order of the pixmap and text doesn't change.
>
> sorry, i made a typo. what happens when the _panel_ is placed on the left or
> right edge of the _screen_. e.g. on vertical panels?

On vertical panels text is dissappeard, only the pixmap is shown. On
those panels drawing a text doesn't make much sense. I think vertical
panel users will like this behaviour too. We have one in our office and
he liked :).

> well, if you can make it work in the K Button, i don't mind porting it down to
> the PanelButton class myself.

I'll try to implement your ideas. I don't have a KDE 3.4 desktop for
weekend but will try my best monday night.

best regards,
--
Baris Metin
http://www.metin.org